Monday, January 30, 2012

delighted

 Good morning to all. I had a most wonderful day yesterday after church, looking and hunting for  those foods that will be beneficial to my eating bfc this week-I did not get home until 2pm! I was so glad I had a packet of blue diamond almonds in my purse(they come in different flavors, my fav wasabi and soy) and all I needed was 3/4 package. Entire pck S1C1. And then I had my yummy lunch I described 1/28/12.Then it was off to the store to buy supplies to make dinner for my friend and her family. A most delicious Taco salad, and I did the hamburger seasoning the way Maria's nutrition counseling letter recommended last week(thank you Pattie for suggesting that site). Prepared that way it made the meat taste special and was no more time consuming than buying a packet filled w/who knows what?!  Do you know what it is like when you have eaten something that once you had your first serving you'd go back for seconds and thirds? Taco salad was one of those trigger foods for me and I tried to leave everything for my friends family, but I ended up bringing some of those darn chips home, a lot of the meat mixture too. Oooooh, I wanted to eat some of those chips later that night. I settled for maybe 1/4 cup of the meat mixture. Then I had a cup of tea w/cream. How's that for fighting my demons(Rosalie, your mentioning tea in the evening helped me w/that escape route-thank you!) And then I fell asleep in front of the tv, by the time I went to bed it was 2:00 am. I did had a 2oz portion chicken breast for a snack as well as one square of 86% chocolate w/1 ounce raw almonds.  so this morning my fasting blood sugar was 126(still below the 140 ada wants for first thing in the morning) and weigh n 241.2:-) While I had hopes to break into the 230s territory, I am delighted to see weight loss while eating so well as this manner allows me to as well as to apparently gaining control of monitoring my blood sugars. Have a wonderful day and blessings to all...

2 comments:

  1. Well it sounds like you are on a roll and doing great. nice job on the loss and all your food sounds great too. Keep it up girl :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this way of eating, too! I truly feel as if this is a life change.

    ReplyDelete